- This event has passed.
Men: stand with your feet in The Earth
September 11, 2015 @ 5:00 pm - September 13, 2015 @ 2:00 pmDonation
Join us for a great weekend! For our final men’s event of the year, we’re going to celebrate our connection to the planet… we’ll spend lots of time outdoors. This means that in the company of other grown up[-ish] men, you’ll have the chance to:
- Walk, talk, sit, share time together and alone, in the fields and woods, bracken and heather – either locally, or nearby in the Brecon Beacons National Park
- Recall the best of boyhood experience: climbing trees, making dams, (if enough men come we can dam the Sôr Brook with sandbags and turn it into a swimming pool!) … or at least, paddling / swimming in our local stream and rivers
- Join in with our footbridge-building project, nothing can go wrong
- Find field mushrooms and fry in butter hmmm, tasty (ditto)
- Participate in a remarkable outdoors experiment, the nature of which we’re keeping a secret
- Collect lots of wood, build and maintain a bonfire , cook on the barbecue
- Chat round the embers, sing songs, tell stories, some of them true, long into the night
- Sleep for a night or two, close to nature: in the poustinia, in a tent or bivvy bag, or make a bothey and sleep in it, in our fields and woods (warm and comfy beds also available…)
We’re making this a full weekend from Friday pm to Sunday after lunch (though still come for less time if constrained by the sensible adult world)
Connection is the theme running through everything we’ll do this weekend. Our hope is that our experience of connection to the planet and to one another this weekend, will set us up nicely for enhancing all our connections as we return to the ‘normal’ world that overflows with electronic connection and so sorely lacks, so many others.
Join us for as long as you can. Stay in the Mill, Studio, or Poustinia or outdoors . Stay one or two nights, for the same suggested donation.
|Weekend / or shorter for men Sept 11-13 2015||option A residential
includes: 1 or 2 night accom. All refreshments, all meals Fri supper to Sunday lunch. Collection to/from station
|option B day Sat+lunch+evening meal, all refreshments|
Choose your option. Click ‘Donate’ below to book. (You can use debit /credit card or Paypal to donate). We will contact you to confirm your booking and check residential / day visitor / diet requirements.